Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day!!


I love my dad! I wanted to share some thoughts about him... My mom told me that when I was a toddler, she'd have me wake him up by free falling on him, sorry dad! I remember always loving to climb up him and get up to sit on his shoulders. Once I fell asleep sitting on them. I'd also give him scalp massages. When I was little, he taught me how to ride a bike. I haven't crashed yet. My dad always worked hard to be a provider for our family and let my mom stay home with us kids. Often, he would be at work before I woke up and come home late at night. I'm so grateful that he and my mom joined the church and raised us in the gospel. He makes the best grilled BBQ chicken. When I was about to start the nursing program, my dad wanted me to have a good car since he knew I'd be driving to the hospital for clinicals every week. He gave me his car since he knew how good it was. He also researched and had me get the best snow tires for it, since it's snowing pretty much the majority of the year in Rexburg. I never skidded on the icy roads, even when cars around me were spinning out. My dad has also spent many hours setting up and working on my laptops over the years. Another special memory I have of him is when Kersti and I visited him in his apartment in Maryland on our road-trip across the country. He had the guest bedroom's air mattress all set up and waiting for us and even got us bath robes from IKEA so we could use them while we stayed with him. He had lots of fun plans for us and we had such a great time with him. He also fixed the two light bulbs on my car that had burnt out during the drive. For my wedding, it was special to dance with him and to have him choose the song that we danced to. I love you Dad and thanks for everything that you've done and continue to do for me!!


My father in law is also very special to me! He is one of the most generous people I know and is so hard working. I really admire his love and knowledge of the gospel. He has driven so many times to JFK airport to pick me up, even when Dan was on his mission. Each fall, he takes his daughters and daughters in law on a back to school shopping trip and out to dinner. This past year was my first shopping trip with him and it was so fun. He also gets me Zacs (the best frozen yogurt ever) and treats us to movies and delicious meals too. He always puts everyone else before himself and does so much for those around him. I love him and am so grateful for all he does for us!!


As soon as I started dating Dan, I could tell what an awesome dad he would be! That's one of the many reasons why I married him, since that was an important quality to me. Dan is so good with all his nieces and nephews and they all adore him. Even though it will be a few years until we have kids, Dan is already collecting fun Pixar toys for them. He always says that he had the best childhood and wants our kids to be able to enjoy that too. I love how Dan appreciates the magic in life and will never outgrow that! I feel so lucky that he will be my kids' dad and I love him sooooo much!!! Happy Father's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment