Saturday, June 8, 2013

Candle Love

It's no secret Dan and I are obsessed with candles! We always have candles around our place. I think that candles are one of those things that really make a house a home. They are so cozy and I love how delicious they make everything smell. We especially like Yankee Candle, since they make some really yummy ones. It's always fun for us to go in their store and smell their new scents. The food scents are our faves hands down (I think every single one we own is either a baked good or a fruit). We also like to burn certain candles with each season. The other day, I organized my candle collection and took some pics to document.

Here are my fall scents. I think overall, this is my favorite season for candles. After a hot summer, I'm always looking forward to a cool, cozy, crisp fall and candles are one of the coziest things ever. Most of my scents here are pumpkin variations (pumpkin buttercream, vanilla pumpkin, spiced pumpkin). I love how pumpkin works for both Halloween and Thanksgiving. I also like apple and spiced fruit scents too.

 
Holiday candles are also fun, love my Halloween swirl candle :)

Here are my Christmas candles. Christmas Cookie is probably my fave of these, it smells just like a sweet sugar cookie. Dan grew up smelling Christmas Morning, so that candle always brings back holiday memories for him.

And these are the Winter candles. I love baked goods here, like Shortbread Cookie, Almond Biscotti and Brown Sugar and Spice. Since my birthday is in January, I like to burn Vanilla Cupcake around then.

These are my Spring/Easter candles. Love the bunny ears on the Bunny Cake. It seems these candles are either strawberry or bunny related :)

 
And here are my summer candles. I find that a lot of the spring and summer scents are good for both seasons. Almost off of these are some type of fruit, like Orange Dreamsicle, Vanilla Lime and Lemon Pound Cake.


And as far as my faveorite, while there are lots of scents I love, Blueberry Scone is the best! It's the perfect balance of blueberry and buttery, sugary baked good. I need to get a bigger jar of this one. The runner up (and my fave fall scent) is Apple Pie. It's a delicious blend of apples, species and you can even smell the crust. Love our candles!

No comments:

Post a Comment