Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day!!

My roommates Kayla and Amy and I decided to do a little cook out to celebrate Memorial Day! Since it was 40 degrees and rainy, we actually had a cook in, but it was still fun and yummy. I made one of my favorite Jello salads and here is the recipe :)

You will need: a 4 serving box of instant pistachio pudding mix, 20 oz can crushed pineapple in juice (I could only find it in heavy syrup for some reason, so I just used chunks and put it in the blender for 2 seconds and it came out perfectly), 8 oz tub thawed Cool Whip and a generous cup of mini marshmallows. You can also add a handful of chopped pecans if you want a little crunch in it.


Mix the pudding mix into the undrained crushed pineapple. Let it set in the fridge for about 5 minutes. Then stir in the marshmallows and the pecans if you're using them.


Add the tub of Cool Whip.


Then fold it in. Keep going until it's all uniform light green.


That's it! Easy huh? :) Then just let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour, serve and enjoy!



YUM! I love classic cook out food! Kayla made the hamburgers and potato salad. Everything was sooo good :)


I also made brownies with cookie dough swirled in and chocolate glaze drizzled on top, the perfect sweet treat to finish the meal!


I hope everyone had a fun Memorial Day and I am so grateful for the men and women who have served and are serving in the military and their sacrifice to protect our country!

No comments:

Post a Comment