Sunday, May 15, 2011

Back to Vegas...

I just wanted to post a little of Dan's most recent journal. I'm so glad he's doing great and loving his new area! XOXO

5/2/11- "I'm so excited it's May! 25 days until my birthday! So I'm in my new area now and I'm lovin it! It's sooo awesome to be in my old stompin grounds in Vegas. Classic!!!!! I'm sooo happy. I loved the wards up north but this is my place :). I'll go ahead and talk about yesterday and today! My last Sunday was good. In the university ward Ashia bore her testimony (and so did I) and it was so good! Richard passed the sacrament for the 1st time too which was cool to see. :) We had the break the fast pot luck after (pasta theme), said my goodbyes and rushed to Dale Fritter's 5pm baptism in the Highland Ranch ward! It was such a blessing to be able to see that night before I left!! It was a great, solid service and Dale and Sister Warren (now Sister Fritter :) were so happy! It was an awesome time and so awesome to see all those members again! It's crazy... It has been 6 months since I left but I still remember everyone and their names and they all missed me! They happened to have a baptism in the Eagle Canyon ward right after so I got to see everyone from there too! Sooo cool! So many classic memories! We went home after that and packed till the end of the night. That was it! Got everything done. This morning we left for transfers at 7am and driving down took until 5pm. That was it. I got to see Blakemore before he left for home! Good times with him. My new companion is just like Blakemore and so awesome! Elder Weed... he's the man!! We're the same in lots of ways and it's gonna be a great transfer or 2! He's from Texas. We really hit it off well. I'm super excited. I love the area."

No comments:

Post a Comment