Saturday, September 18, 2010

Mission updates :)

The Nursing Program is keeping me sooo busy! I'm so glad it's the weekend and I can finally catch up on life! Here are some excerpts from Dan's latest journal entries...

9/12/10- "We got ready and left for Brent Bailey's baptism!!! :) We have been waiting for his! It was a b-e-a-utiful baptism service. Everything went smooth and perfect and the Spirit was so strong. Brent, I could tell, was feeling it a lot. It was just so amazing to be involved with someone's life like that. Their family is 100% active, wife is active again and their 2 boys will be raised in the gospel and hopefully go on missions someday. What a feeling. I swear Brent will be bishop someday or someone high up :) I love missionary work! I'll never forget this experience. Their lives are changed forever and I know that next year at this time next year, he will be getting sealed to his family forever in the temple! WOW. It's so reassuring to me to know that I'm here for a reason."

9/13/10- "So the final stats this week were... 8 new investigators (Joa, Steve, Catherine, Dale, Justin, Chris, Mike and Scott!), 17 lessons, 66 contacts (we're keeping track of those now since the Zone Leaders started that last Tuesday) and of course 1 baptism and confirmation! What a fantastic week! Man did the blessings just pour out of no where!"

No comments:

Post a Comment