Wednesday, June 16, 2010

You're in the mission loop!

I started preseason training for lifeguarding on Monday and I've been soo busy!! I've been meaning to update the blog with Dan's latest journal entries and here are some excerpts!!

5/31/10- "I offered to cook the baked beans for the Tucker Memorial Day cook out that we were invited to! I tried to make them just like Grandad! I put onion (chopped up slices), ketchup and brown sugar and put them in the oven on low all day till we had the cookout! (Then they went to Walmart and Target where Dan used his birthday money and giftcards to get some fun Toy Story books and toys that were out) We came back here for our Memorial Day cookout with Sister Tucker and her fam! Elders Barnard and Johnson also joined us! My beans came out great and everything was delicious! We had potato salad I great but STILL not as good as mom's! Just not possible!! :), chips, onion dip, fruit salad, steak and BBQ chicken! I loved it!"

6/03/10- "Another good day yesterday! We got picked up by Elders Terry and Quick at 10:00am to go to a president interview. While Quick and I were sitting in the office, the lady who sorts the mail came up to us and told us that we both got letters! I'm so happy we went there cause they hadn't even sent it out yet so I got it a day or 2 early! I love you Brita!! She [the lady who sorts the mail] asked us both how it was being on missions with girlfriends! I told her it's sooo different for everyone and most will say don't have one but I LOVE having my Brita wait for me!! :) I told her a little summarized version of our story and she liked it. She was a super nice lady. Anyways, after interviews we were off. We went to Bajio's for lunch (which is 50% off for missionaries :) and it made me think of Brita because we experienced it for the 1st time together out in Rexburg and went there often! Good times there and then we tracted for two and a half hours in the crazy 95 degree weather! It's still gonna get like 20 degrees hotter! That was hot enough! Good thing for my mister, fan and water bottle cause that helped me so much not to die from the heat! Every time I would run out of water, I would just ask the person who we tracted into for a water and then I would just put that water into my special bottle! People are nice about it here cause they know it's so hot and dry. It's actually illegal to deny someone water in the state of NV. Funny huh?"

6/05/10- "I can't believe it's been one year since starting my mission papers last June! All those stupid questions and interviews with LDS family services lol. I know I was meant to be here at this time though! So it all worked out...the Lord sees the bigger picture! Also almost a year since our totally classic NH trip!!! SOOOO fun!!! XOXOX"

6/06/10- "I gotta say... It's so cool to see how Chris has progressed since his baptism! In just a week and a half since he's got baptized he's: received the Holy Ghost, got the priesthood, went to the temple yesterday to do baptisms and he blessed the sacrament today! What a stud! He's on fire... that's so cool to see! What a blessing. Well another week gone already! Crazy! That's about all the details of this week I think. We're at 20 lessons already right now...4th week in a row to get 20 or more lessons a week! Now we need to get them baptised... we'll see how things go! I'm so grateful for this area, this mission and my incredible family and Brita!! Ok new news! Chris just bore his testimony!! :) Solid! Add that to his list of achievements in the last 2 weeks! Good times. Being a missionary is so cool! I love you all SOOOOO much and miss you everyday! Thank you for everything!!! XOXOX"

No comments:

Post a Comment