Thursday, May 6, 2010

Updates from Dan!!



Here are some excerpts from Dan's journal that I just got today, enjoy!!

"Another AMAZING day!! Things are the best! I love it! After studies, we got picked up to go to District Meeting (actually Zone Meeting since it's the first meeting of the transfer). We met at the same building as I did before (since I'm in the same zone again) and it was crazy being back! The Zone Leaders taught a great lesson on teaching and then we all went to In N Out. Rodriguez and I didn't get anything though. We're trying to not eat out so much lol since Nigel (Note from Brita- an amazing, generous member in Rodriguez's previous area who always helps them) takes us out so much. We got back around 2:15pm and started tracting! Gotta get our two hours in! We prayed for 10 contacts this time. We tracted until 4:15pm and right when Nigel picked us up... we got our 10th contact! Incredible!! We also prayed to get into someone's house [to teach a lesson] and guess what...a lady said we could come back today! :) The power of prayer again! WOW!"

I thought this story was sooo funny...
"We had a 6:30pm lesson with an investigator. Her husband is a member - his conversion story is so funny. After taking the lessons, he just couldn't decide if it was true. He needed to know. So he stayed up all night one night reading the D&C. Around 6am, he came to the conclusion after pondering for hours- 'this is SO BORING... it's gotta be true! If you were gonna make something up, I think you'd make it more entertaining. No one would just make this up.' We cracked up at that :)"

Dan said that he will send his memory card soon so I'll post those pics on his facebook as soon as I get them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment