Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dan's a trainer!

Well, the exciting news is that Dan will be training a brand new greenie this transfer! I'm so excited for him because I know he really wanted to train and I know he will be amazing! I wanted to post some of his latest entries...

8/10/10- "We met Scott and Ricky at a ghetto pizza hut nearby! It was soooo fun! We had some good times. It was awesome getting to meet/know Scott and so cool to see Ricky again. It has been sooo long! We had a very fun conversation and good eats. We wanted to do something fun after so I suggested a mini golf place I saw while driving around! So that's what we did! It was SUCH a perfect night and this mini golf course was so awesome. We had a blast! I took some pics of our times together. It was soo funny to watch Ricky school us all since he's a golfer lol. He got like 7 hole in ones! Rollins seemed to really like my cousins too. We had some good fun, some good laughs and some good catching up. I hope I can see them again! We said our goodbyes and got home by 9:30 on the dot... nice! Turned out to be a great Pday at the end. :) P.S. Did I mention that Rollins feel asleep during 2 of our lessons? Well he did. How embarrassing!!"

8/14/10- "Right after I got into bed, I heard the phone ring so I got down (from his bunk bed) to answer it. It was Elder Fish. He's in my district. He was calling for advice. He and Elder Ewald have been tremendously hard working (getting like 20 lessons or more each week) but now they feel so unmotivated to get out and work. They burnt themselves out. Elder Fish? Not wanting to work? If you knew him you would be shocked like I was. He's intense when it comes to missionary work! I talked to him for like 30 minutes and tried to help the best I could. It was a great conversation. It felt so good to be able to help a missionary in need! I was surprised he called me! It was very nice he felt comfortable enough to call me and tell me how he was feeling. I told him we could all get together Sunday night (for a mini motivational district meeting) and we'll talk. Good day! That's about it!"

8/15/10- "Happy OE's birthday! Yet another birthday celebration that I'm missing. Yesterday was a pretty awesome day! We got our full studies in the morning, weekly planned and then I checked the mail to find a little package from mom and dad!!! I love Saturday mornings!! This time they both sent me letters, a card from the ward (that was cool! That was a great idea!), pictures from NH and another fun Toy Story car! I loved it! I love you mom and dad! Thank you!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment