Friday, July 30, 2010

Mission updates!!

Wow I can't believe it's almost August! Where is the Summer going?! But I'm glad it's going by so fast because everyday brings me closer to Dan!! I posted his memory card on facebook earlier this week and here are some excerpts from his latest journal entries...

7/14/10- "Gary was getting baptised! We were so excited. His baptism was perfect... for Gary lol. What I mean by that is is that it was so different and somewhat silly, just like Gary. It was such an awesome baptism! We had a pretty good turn out too. When it came time for the actual baptism, the witnesses tried to open the font, but it was locked!! LOL! No one had a key. Bro Leavitt apologized for the inconvenience and we had to baptise him with it closed! The witnesses and I (and Bro Leavitt too) went in and stood near the font steps so we could see it. The water level was super low and Gary's a big guy! That's why I wasn't about to baptise Gary lol... When he was choosing who would baptise him, I told him that Rodriguez was much stronger lol. Rodriguez baptised him the 1st time but he didn't go all the way under! It was so funny. He was totally holding him under trying to get him completely immersed but forgot that he needed to breath! He tried it 2 more times but still didn't get him all the way lol. It was a spiritual/comedic moment. The fact that we were all gathered in and around the font was just funny. For the 4th time, they just decided to both kneel in the font so he baptised Gary that way! It was a very nice moment. There was humor and yet the Spirit was very strong. While they were changing, I bore my testimony and by that time they were out. The Bishop welcomed him, Gary made some unusual comments of course but he wasn't as weird as we thought it was gonna be. Pretty solid actually! It was a great time :) I'm so glad we were the ones a part of it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment